HAWKING STEAM ACADEMY
We offer STEAM ACADEMY as an alternative to After School Care at your school
- We believe that early nurturing of children’s natural curiosity and validation of their inherent desire to explore the world around them is one of the keys to igniting the sparks of creativity and a lifelong love for learning.
- Innovation comes from the ability to draw from a combination of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math & Maker) skills and that these subjects should be taught together in a cross-disciplinary way.
- Open-ended, inquiry, and project based challenges empower children to develop and test their own ideas which results in the natural practice and application of the scientific method, engineering process, and other STEAM skills.
- Allowing opportunities for exploration, experimentation, and collaboration results in more confident, adaptable, and resilient children who are better prepared for higher education.
- Early access and exposure to cutting-edge technology and experts in STEAM fields creates an exciting learning atmosphere and gives children a positive experience and feeling toward STEAM subjects
HOW DOES STEAM ACADEMY WORK?
We offer all aspects of STEAM classes in our After School STEAM ACADEMY as well as Extracurricular Clubs that are offered in conjunction to our STEAM program either one or two days a week. These include:
- Spanish classes (K-6)
- American Sign Language (K-6)
- Engineering/Woodworking (K-6)
- VAPA (Visual & Performing Arts) (K-6)
- Beginner & Intermediate Coding (Grades 4-6)
- Dance (K-6)
Students who enroll in our STEAM Academy are placed together in grade level and each day rotate through each stream of STEAM. For example, if a student is in Grade 1 on Monday after school they will be in the Science stream and may do various chemistry experiments on that day, Tuesday they will be participating in Technology projects such as Lego Robotics, Wednesday they will be in our Engineering class and may design and create a biome, Thursday they will do Innovative Arts and may design a photon flower with copper wire, an LED light and power it with lemon juice, and on Friday they will be in our Maker/Math stream where they will think outside the box hands-on projects that enhance not only their Math skills but also allows them to tinker in the Maker area. An example of a schedule for each grade is below:
To register your child in our STEAM Academy After School program please click on the registration button on the left