HAWKING STEAM ACADEMY
We offer STEAM ACADEMY as an alternative to After School Care at your school
- We believe that early nurturing of children’s natural curiosity and validation of their inherent desire to explore the world around them is one of the keys to igniting the sparks of creativity and a lifelong love for learning.
- Innovation comes from the ability to draw from a combination of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math & Maker) skills and that these subjects should be taught together in a cross-disciplinary way.
- Open-ended, inquiry, and project based challenges empower children to develop and test their own ideas which results in the natural practice and application of the scientific method, engineering process, and other STEAM skills.
- Allowing opportunities for exploration, experimentation, and collaboration results in more confident, adaptable, and resilient children who are better prepared for higher education.
- Early access and exposure to cutting-edge technology and experts in STEAM fields creates an exciting learning atmosphere and gives children a positive experience and feeling toward STEAM subjects
HOW DOES STEAM ACADEMY WORK?
We offer all aspects of STEAM classes in our After School STEAM ACADEMY as well as Extracurricular Clubs that are offered in conjunction to our STEAM program. These include:
- Spanish classes (K-6)
- Engineering/Woodworking (K-6)
- VAPA (Visual & Performing Arts) (K-6)
- Beginner & Intermediate Coding (Grades 4-6)
- Dance (K-6)
Students who enroll in our STEAM Academy will be exposed to each STEAM stream depending on the days that they attend. The schedule for April – June is below. Students are welcome to attend 1-5 days.
To register your child in our STEAM Academy After School program please click on the registration button on the left